Miami Rescue Mission | Broward Outreach Centers recognizes our obligation to respect and protect the privacy of our donors and adhere to the following guidelines concerning our websites and any information shared by email,normal mail, or by phone:
- Information about donations is treated with strict confidentiality and to the extent provided by law.
- We do not lend, exchange, rent, or sell our donor list to other organizations or businesses or any other third party. We will not send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- The personal information donors provide when making an online donation, by mail, or by phone is protected and will not be disclosed to any third parties.
- Some donors prefer anonymity. We respect completely the wishes of contributors who prefer that their donation remain confidential.
- Employees who have access to donor identifiable information in connection with processing donations are required to keep the information confidential.
- Periodically, throughout the year, donors will receive newsletters, emails, and requests for contributions. Donors have the option to be removed from the mailing list by contacting Donor Relations at 305.571.2245 or sending an email to: Opting Out. A supporter can also send a letter to Miami Rescue Mission | Broward Outreach Center, Donor Relations, 3553 NW 50th Street, Miami, FL 33142. At any time, you may also ask to be included on specific lists.
We have created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. We do not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. This policy is your guide to how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our Web site.
What Is Personal Information?
As used herein, the term "personal information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other account number). Personal information also includes demographic information such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, religious affiliation, and other preferences when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies you. Personal information does not include "aggregate" information, which is data we collect about the use of the Site or about a group or category of products, services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. Personal information also does not include demographic information that is not linked to any personally identifying information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit our Site or use the various services and activities available on our Site. At several places on our Site, we may collect certain information that you voluntarily provide to us which may contain personal information. For example, if you register for the Site, fill out an employment or volunteer application, make an online donation, or sign up for our newsletter, we may collect your name, email address, credit card or other financial information, date of birth, and city and state. In addition, from time to time we may collect other demographic information you provide in connection with your participation in interactive areas of the Site, including your religious affiliations or beliefs.
When you visit our Site, some information is also automatically collected through the use of request logging, such as your computer's Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your computer's operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring Web site and your activity on the Site. We use this information for purposes such as analyzing trends, managing the Site, improving our services, diagnosing problems with our servers, tracking use of the site, and gathering broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on a user's hard drive at the request of a Web site to enable the site to recognize users who have previously visited them and retain certain information such as customer preferences and history. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser's instructions or help screen to learn about these functions. However, if your browser is set not to accept cookies or if a user rejects a cookie, you may not be able to use or access certain Site features or services.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
In general, we use personal information we collect to facilitate your use of the Site, to provide you with information and services you request, to inform you about other information, events, or services we think will be of interest to you, to administer and assist us with the operation of the Site and of our organization, and for the purpose for which the information was provided. For example, we may use the information we collect:
- to send you a welcoming email or other correspondence;
- to process charitable donations or other payments;
- to recognize the generosity of those donors who have not requested anonymity;to comply with federal and state tax regulations, to conduct audits, and to maintain accreditations relating to our charitable and faith-based missions.
Personal information provided online may be linked together or merged with other personal information, including personal information we receive from you offline (through mail, personal contact, etc.)
Sharing Information with Third Parties
In order to facilitate the operation of the Site and our organization, we may share some personal information with our agents, our volunteers or clients, our affiliated religious or non-profit organizations, and government or accreditation agencies ("Service Providers") who need access to such information to carry out their work. Examples include:
- our marketing agents may be given names and addresses to send our mailings;
- our volunteers or clients may be given names and phone numbers to thank donors personally;
- On occasion, we may also publicly recognize the generosity of our donors or volunteers who have not requested anonymity and agree to be recognized at events, newsletters, media programs, and other publications.
Our site may contain links to other Web sites. Please be aware that although we may participate in or utilize such sites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
What Steps Do We Take to Protect Your Personal Information?
We endeavor to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure by putting into place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect through this Site and by other means of contact (direct mail, etc.). Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. You should note that email is not secure, and you should not send any confidential or sensitive information to us via an unsecured email.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
We may send you news, donation or volunteer requests by email, phone or mail, unless you "opt out" of receiving such communications by indicating your preference to not receive these communications. If you wish, you may also change the type or frequency by contacting Donor Relations at 305.571.2245 or sending an email to: Opting Out. A supporter can also send a letter to Miami Rescue Mission | Broward Outreach Center, Donor Relations, 2159 NW 1 Court, Miami, FL 33127.
How Can You Correct and Update Your Personal Information or Obtain Additional Information?
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or the practices relating to this Site, or you wish to verify, correct or delete any personal information we have collected, please contact us using the contact information below, and we will endeavor to respond to your inquiry or to correct, update or remove the personal information you have provided us as you indicate. Please have information ready that would help us uniquely identify you such as name, postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address. In order to protect your privacy, you may be asked to verify certain information.
Miami Rescue Mission | Broward Outreach Centers
Donor Relations Department
3553 NW 50th Street
Miami, FL 33142